Monday, May 08, 2006

Why my Mom is so wonderful

As I'm sure you guys know, my Mother is a glass artist, bead maker, and all around craft goddess. She went to the Oregon Glass Guild and Portland Bead Society event at the Oregon Convention Center, and the Portland Handweavers Guild was there! She called me tonight and said that she had a surprise for me. Of course, I jumped in the car and raced over there. She bought me two hanks of Teresa Ruch designs 4 oz bamboo in the most gorgeous colorway, and what my Mom thought was some mohair roving, but it is actually just very hairy yarn. It is 60 yards of Yipee tie-dye yarns in Aurora B colorway. It is gorgeous, but Mom was upset that it wasn't roving.


This is the gorgeous bamboo yarn. I'm sorry that the picture is a little blurry, but it was the best picture for showing the color. Mom said it reminded her of a peacock, and I agree. I'm thinking of making a shawl out of this...I have no idea which one to make though!

This is the Mohair Yarn. Gorgeous colors as well!

Separating the singles, so that you can see that it isn't roving. Poor Mom.

:( I'm still trying to convince her that I love this in yarn form!


Uh oh! I took the bamboo label off and it immediately tangled itself into a huge mess. I have a lot of work ahead of me....but it will be worth it in the end! (I think I can...I think I can...I think I can....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnittnChick Knits.
[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]