Friday, May 12, 2006

Surgery

Well, it's official. I'm having shoulder surgery on Monday. My surgeon is a knitter (not to mention a very respected surgeon, lol), so I'm confident that she'll do a great job. I'm having open surgery, not arthroscopy since there is so much instability and likely to be more than one issue that needs fixing.

I'm not really concerned with the procedure itself, I have a lot of confidence in my surgeon. I am concerned with anesthesia though...my family has troubles with anesthesia. I've woken up during surgical procedures before. I've expressed this concern with my anesthesiologist who has assured me that he will monitor me very carefully.

I went in to my surgeon's office today, and she was so impressed with my booga bag. Funny thing is, she's an incredible knitter and could make one in her sleep. She knits all of her clothes that she wears in the office, and brought in this gorgeous sweater she made. It has lots of bobbles and cables and the finishing was incredible. I bet that knitting has helped her dexterity with preforming surgeries...I'll have to ask her about it. I told her I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with a wool shoulder. She commented that it would probably hold together better than my current shoulder.

Okay, off to get ready, not much time.

In lieu of flowers, send yarn. *lol*

Wish me luck...I won't be able to knit for a while....I'll blog when I can.

1 Comments:

Blogger webhill said...

Hey - I hope surgery goes (went, by now) well. I just wanted to say, I'm a veterinarian who knits. I took up knitting to keep up my manual dexterity because I don't do a lot of surgery. It definitely helps!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnittnChick Knits.
[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]