Monday, May 15, 2006

Surgery no-go

I was all ready for surgery this morning. Don and I were in the little room for a few hours when they told me that my blood sugar was very high and my white cell count was as well. I knew my blood sugar was, but they had told me not to take any insulin...so I didn't. Then they took my temperature...99.5. When my blood sugar gets very high it tends to up my temperature, but I've never seen it go over 99. So....I had some insulin and waited. I started to feel that it was coming down. They rechecked my temperature...100.7. Not. good. My surgeon and anesthesiologist decided it would be best if I get on some antibiotics and then do the surgery on Thursday. I guess this was just a surgery drill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnittnChick Knits.
[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]