Thursday, May 04, 2006

Booga Bag and KSH Capelet

I ordered two balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze and needles from Two Swans Yarns to make a capelet. (Thanks for the super fast shipping Karen!) I think I'll wait until the Booga bag is finished to start this one, because it will need all of my attention. (I'm not great at knitting lace, so I have to be sure to devote my full attention to it)


On the Shop Hop I usually just want to walk around and play with all of the fiber-y goodness, then come back to buy stuff. I went back to Wool 'N Wares yesterday to get the stuff for my booga bag.

I've never knit with Noro Kureyon before, mainly because I've heard many stories of vegetation and knots. I've only gone though one skein, but I haven't encountered any knots, and very minimal vegetation. So far, it is a very fun knit. I love watching the striping because the colors are blended so well.



If you are ever in the West Linn area, be sure to visit Wool 'N Wares. The owner's name is Marge, and she's the sweetest woman you'll ever meet. She wasn't there yesterday, she's having a rough time right now. If you could take a moment and send a nice thought her way, I'd appreciate it :D. Never underestimate the power of knitters!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I'm concerned, Noro has improved over the years, at least as far as vegetable matter. Some I get no knots, but even when I do get some, not as many as before. I've used Noro (various yarns) for probably 10 years or so and I think they've heard the complaints. I don't worry about the knots if I'm felting as they don't seem to show. I completely agree with your assessment of Marge Wiley. She is the best. Patti

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnittnChick Knits.
[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]