Tuesday, January 24, 2006

We interupt this knitting blog...

I will be gone for one week starting Thursday. My brother will be graduating his program, and my parents, my brother and I will be going to Leavenworth for a family retreat. I'm bringing my camera to take some pictures, however I am afraid the battery may not last. I am bringing the charger as well, but I just don't get much life out of the battery anymore. I know, I have to replace it, but with one of our cars acting up, I'm afraid to purchase anything that isn't absolutely necessary.

On the knitting front, I've done very little knitting the last week. I'm not sure what I ate, but I've had hives the last few days. Every time I tried to knit, I'd get the urge to scratch and drop a bunch of stitches. It got to be too much. Now I'm packing yarn for the trip and I have no idea which yarns to bring. I just know that the yarns I don't bring I'll end up wishing I had brought them.

Had our guild meeting last Thursday and it was great! Our theme for this year will be "In the garden". That means that we will have to knit something that has to do with a garden. Maybe it will be knee pads or a flowery shawl. My Snapdragon socks qualify, but they will be well worn by the time we bring them in, which will be revealed January 2007.

I've decided to go for the TKGA Masters knitting. Lesson 1 is going to cost $117 That is the $27 or the membership and $90 for the lesson. Ouch. It will be worth it though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Karen said...

The Master Knitter program is worth it -- you'll learn a lot! And you have a good support group in your Guild, too, and that should make the process more enjoyable for you. Level I goes fairly quickly. (Level II, as I'm finding out, can drag on foreeeever -- but that's just me.) The most important thing to remember is to follow their directions exactly -- no more, no less.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Heatherly said...

i just ordered my master knitter's level 1. but what caught my eye is i am heatherly. so... nice name!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnittnChick Knits.
[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]