Tuesday, December 06, 2005

So...why no pics?

First, some comments:

operaknitter said... Just discovered you blog. Love it. I know exactly what you mean about the "fiber zone". I love to be there as much as possible and am very irritated when someone interrupts. What would we do without yarn? I have the book about how to knit socks on two needles, but am still on dpns. Must learn...

You kinda just have to jump in. I read Cat Bordhi's book as well (I assume that is the one you mean) and I just didn't get it from her illustrations. This site helped, and this video. From that, I just kinda learned.

Karen said... Woohooo -- so glad to see those stitch markers put to such good use!Isn't it funny how people can see what you're working on, and decide that they know what it is? I was knitting on a sweater once at Starbucks, and a lady and her little boy came in. The little boy pointed at me and asked his mom, What's she doing? The mom looked at me and said, very authoritatively, "That lady is knitting a scarf." I was just about to answer the kid myself, but since his mom seemed to Know It All . . . I just chuckled to myself.

They are my favorite stitch markers. They don't get in the way, and they're cute :)

I sometimes have to wonder if they (the people who assume almost finished garments are always scarves) are ignorant or just stupid. Seriously.....doesn't that picture look like a sock? Even worse, who thinks a sweater is a scarf? I understand if they can't tell the difference between a cardigan and a pullover, but a sock and a sweater?!?!?!? Okay, enough about that.

So, do you wonder why you've not seen a picture lately? Well, for one, my camera has decided I only get to use it for 27 seconds before shutting off. (need a new battery lol) I tried to take a picture of this mystery scarf I'm making, and I got this:




And believe it or not, this is the best one. I think it is the yarn, since it is a mohair blend. This is a magical yarn. I knit on it for an hour, check it.....and it is the same size it was before. I don't think it will ever get any bigger than this.

I decided that my Brother's Girlfriend may not have my taste in scarves, so I ripped out a foot of feather and fan, and am just going with a garter border with stockinette.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Karen said...

Since we have the same make and model of camera, I'll let you know that I did buy a new battery for mine right after the TKG Shop Hop. (Ritz Cameras -- do you have those shops in Oregon?) It had to be special ordered, but took only a week to come in. It was about $65-70, as I recall. My camera is now back to holding a charge for, like, three days. This made a WORLD of difference.

7:52 AM  
Blogger operaknitter said...

Thanks so very much for the info on the sock method. Will try to see if I can make it work.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnittnChick Knits.
[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]