Monday, December 05, 2005

Christmas Rush

Down to the wire now. Of course, on the way back from the mailbox the other day I tripped over some bunched up cement and fell. I wasn't hurt badly, but my right shoulder is painful and it is now difficult to knit. I'm hoping that this clears up in a few days.

I finished Mom's beach scarf and am blocking it....sort of. This is my first blocking attempt and I never realized how much it smells like wet dog. Hmm. Anyway, I got the scarf all pinned, and then realized that if I pinned it like it was, the curvy shape wouldn't be there anymore, so I switched to plan B and just hung it up to add some length. I've been checking on it, and it seems to be doing okay.

I also started a new scarf for my Brother's Girlfriend in yarn she picked out. I really have no idea what kind of pattern she'd like, so I'm trying out a feather and fan to start with. I may switch to stockinette for the middle and just use the feather and fan on the ends...I haven't decided yet.

I know I'm not posting as much as I usually do, but things have gotten very hectic and it has been a struggle not to pluck every hair off of my head in frustration. I guess when it rains it pours, but it has been just rediculous. I won't bore you with the non-knitting garbage, but let's just say that the car fiasco continues and is getting weirder and weirder, a check written to us (for a large amount) came back NSF after we had already spent it, and a merchant charged another account that they weren't supposed to, which messed the books up. In any case, this is why I am up at 4am, just too much to think about.

Hubby still hasn't made up his mind about whether or not he wants toes on his socks. Since I'm almost at the toe decreases, he'd better hurry up and decide. This silky wool is beautiful and feels great, however I have to pick sharp things out of it every once in a while. I have no idea what it is, but it is obviously not supposed to be there. There have also been occasional knots, but as long as it isn't on the heel or sole I don't worry too much about it.

I went to an open house with Mom this weekend where she sold some of her jewlery. I was there mostly to do the lifting and setting up, so during the open house I got a little bored. I brought out my knitting. Interestingly enough, two ladies were talking about knitting, and one said she was intimidated by double pointed needles, but wanted to knit socks. I was working on hubby's socks on two circulars, so I showed her that if you can ignore the other needles, it is exactly the same as knitting flat. You are still only working with two needles at a time. (or one, in the case of circs) She said that she had the courage to try them, and I'm so glad she can know the joy of knitting socks. There were a couple of ladies that knit there, and we swapped horror stories. One lady had knitted a beautiful cotton sweater and wore it on a humid summer night. Needless to say, it ended up growing four sizes. I think we all have stories like that. I shared my ginormous santa hat I made last year. It is so big that you can't wear it. The fabric is so heavy it pulls off of your head. Oh well. I gave it to my step-dad to use as a decoration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnittnChick Knits.
[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]