Thursday, November 10, 2005

From knittn to spinnin

I ordered an introduction to spinning kit and should be getting it soon. I am pretty excited! I've always wanted to spin, and I hope to someday spin on a wheel. For now, I'm starting on a drop spindle. I've decided to bag my Brother's Girlfriend's socks, as it was knitting up very oogly and stiff. I expected much more from that yarn. I am making some headway on mystery holiday gift #2, AKA Dad's socks. I'd like to make it padded, but I think that one will have to wait until I figure out how to do that. (he has arch and heel pain) I also wish I would've discovered Merino wool when I bought this yarn. I guess I'll just have to make him some more after Christmas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Karen said...

Is your drop spindle a top whorl or a bottom whorl? I am totally a rookie spinner, but I have one of each of these styles of spindle. The top whorl seems easier to use.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnittnChick Knits.
[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]