Tuesday, October 04, 2005

TKGSH Sample yarns part 2


Sample yarns 2 Posted by Picasa

These are the rest of the sample yarns that I knit up. Again, I'm in no way a yarn critic, I just wanted to share my thoughts on the samples I was sent for the upcoming Shop Hop put on by the Tigard Knitting Guild.

By row, left to right:

South West Trading Company Karaoke (50% Soy Silk, 50% Merino Wool) - This beautiful yarn was really vibrant and soft. (I know I've said soft a lot, but the yarns they chose for the most part are very soft) This yarn was chunky and a joy to knit. I could see this as perfect sweater yarn.

Noro Silk Garden (45% Silk, 45% Kid Mohair, 10% Lamb's Wool) - This yarn was a pleasure to knit with. I can see myself knitting by a fire with this. It is soft and fuzzy, like a warm hug.

Araucania Patagonia Cotton (100% Cotton) - This was so much fun to knit with. The yarn was different thicknesses, so it made the swatch almost exciting to knit since you didn't know how it would look afterwards. It is soft and very interesting. I'd love to play with this yarn more.

Bouton d'Or Ksar (50% Camel Hair, 50% Wool) - This yarn was soft, unique, and surprisingly elastic. I could see this knitted into a prayer shawl, as I could see this being something warm and snuggly.

Frog Tree Alpaca (100% Alpaca Wool) - This yarn is soft, fuzzy, beautiful, and has a very luxurious feel to it. I felt like I was knitting with something very fluid. It flowed through my fingers and was just incredible. From the price given to me by the Tigard Knitting Guild, it is also very affordable.

Knit One Crochet Too Ambrosia (70% Alpaca, 20% Silk, 10% Cashmere) - This yarn is very soft, luxurious, and beautiful. It did split on me a few times, but I would love to get some of this to knit some socks with it.

ON Linie-Linie 67 Como (100% Polyester) - This was a blast to knit with! It is feathery and shimmery at the same time. By far my favorite novelty yarn of this sample packet.

Trendsetter Yarns Fatigues (50% Wool, 50% Polyester) - This was beautiful and feminine. It reminded me of a flamenco dancer. It did break on me a few times, but I am a tight knitter. I'd be careful when knitting this yarn, but it is very interesting and beautiful.

Habu Textiles Tobi Moire (100% Polyester) - This really is knitted, I didn't just ball it up and put it on the card. I found this yarn frustrating and odd. It is like a string with tufts glued on every five inches or so. I think this would make a great embellishment, but I wouldn't knit with it personally.

Jo Sharp Rare Comfort Infusion Kid Mohair (80% Kid Mohair, 5% Wool, 5% Polyamide) - This was a fuzzy and fun yarn. I really loved how it felt on my skin. It did tangle some, but it was pretty easy to untangle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnittnChick Knits.
[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]