Sunday, October 09, 2005

Silky Wool from All About Yarn


Silky Wool Posted by Picasa

I went back to All About Yarn today and got two skeins of the silky wool that I wanted. I talked for a while with one of the staff members, who wished she'd have gone with us on the shop hop. I tried estimating how many of us went, thinking maybe 25-30, and she said she heard it was 35. Wow! There were a lot of people, but it didn't seem like that many. This is the closest yarn shop to me that we visited yesterday, so I think I'll make this one my regular one. There was another knitter there, getting help with her pattern from the staff member. It seems like a great place to knit. I would like to go back to Knit Purl more often, but it looks like parking would be a problem. It was a wonderfully laid out shop, and I loved the selection and layout of the yarns.

I ended up having to frog both Mom's and Don's socks yesterday. Everyone was knitting on the bus, and while I was knitting, I was watching others knit as well. I looked down at my sock, and it appears I was doing their patterns in my socks! I tried correcting them, but it became such a tangled mess of yarn that I just frogged them both.

I hope that the TKG does this again. This really was a great experience, and a chance for me to meet other LYS' staff members and to see the new and different yarns out there. Thanks so much Michelle and the other volunteers who put this on. It really was a great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnittnChick Knits.
[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]