Saturday, September 17, 2005

Sniffer's Anonymous

Hi, my name is Heather, and I'm a yarn sniffer.

People in stores must think I hear voices. Seriously. I grab some yarn and sniff it first. Then I rub it on my cheek, neck, and inner arm. Then I close my eyes and rub it between my fingers for a while. Sometimes, I rub it on my ear to see if it sounds scratchy. Yep, I'm a freak. Of course, this all means something to me, but to others, I'm sure they think I am a complete nutcase. Rubbing it on sensitive areas tells me if I'm going to have to be careful of who I give the finished piece to. Closing my eyes and rubbing the yarn just is for pure pleasure. I imagine feeling it as a fully-knitted garment. Rubbing it on my ear tells me if it sounds scratchy...if it does, I won't make it in to a headband or headscarf. Now the sniffing....this does sound weird, even to me. I won't knit with smelly yarns. Some yarn I've knit with in the past has a very chemical smell, and it makes for knitting hell for me. I hate stinky yarns. *sigh* I feel so much better having shared this. Thank you for listening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tam said...

I KNOW what you mean! I can't purchase yarn without petting it first. I think that's why I rarely purchase yarn via the Internet.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnittnChick Knits.
[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]