Monday, November 01, 2004

My first cable!


My first cable! Posted by Hello

I decided to bite the bullet and just try to do a cable. I was surprised at how easy it was, despite all the mystery surrounding this beautiful stitch alteration. I am doing a c4b surrounded by 10 stockinette stitches on either side. I'm finding that the stitches near the cable are extremely sloppy regardless how tightly I knit them, maybe it is something I'm doing wrong. I looked at a stitch library and added 10 stitches on either side for the swatch, so I can use this later if I so desire. I also noticed a "floater" on the back side of my first cable, but not on the second. Well, regardless of how this turns out, I guess I can always say I at least tried!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by KnittnChick Knits.
[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]